This is an extremely easy, delicious recipe that makes a ton of dip. I got this from one of my best friends here at school with me when we were putting together our super bowl party this past February. This recipe is definitely meant for a large group. We had about 9 people and there was still a ton left over. It was a huge crowd pleaser and made my side of the hall smell fantastic for hours.
1. 2 8oz packages of cream cheese (room temperature)
2. 2 12oz packages of pork sausage
3. 1 large 70oz container of mild salsa (we got this from Walmart)
*If you like your food spicier, go for the hotter salsa
1. Cook the pork sausage over the stove top until fully cooked. Drain off the excess fat and place all that goodness in the crockpot.
2. Heat up the two packages of cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds until soft and place in the crockpot.
3. Pour the entire container of salsa into the crockpot with the other ingredients and stir. (It looks like way too much salsa, but it really makes the dip)
4. Cook in the crockpot on low for 5-6 hours stirring occasionally and serve hot.
**You will more than likely have a lot of this leftover. Let the extra cool off and place it in a tupperware container to store in the fridge. Re heat as you like, or just enjoy cold.