Vegans, healthy eaters, chocolate fans, gather round! This recipe is a surefire way to please just about any kind of person you come across. With the chia seed fad going on, I decided to give them a try and was seriously impressed. Although they can be incorporated in several different ways, this pudding has been my favorite method so far. This is a great recipe for when I am trying to avoid eating a full blown dessert but am still having those cravings for chocolate.
Makes 1 generous servings
• ¼ cup minus 2 teaspoons chia seeds
• 1 cup almond milk (or soy/rice/regular..)
• 1 ½ teaspoons coco powder
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or agave nectar, honey, sugar…)
• Coconut shreds
• Coconut whipped cream (or any whipped cream you like)
• Almond slivers
1. Combine the chia seeds and the milk.
2. Stir in the coco powder. This takes some work and will be difficult to fully incorporate but just keep stirring… it will get there.
3. Let sit for 5 minutes and stir again. Then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (the longer you leave it the thicker it will get)
4. Pull out of the fridge and stir in the maple syrup.
5. Layer in a glass with the whipped cream, almonds, and coconut.
6. Feel good about yourself for eating a delicious, healthy dessert.
Not only do chia seeds help you feel fuller faster, they are packed with all the good stuff your body needs. These little seeds pack a big punch when it comes to omega 3 fatty acids (this is the good kind of fat that has a lot of heart benefits,) fiber, antioxidants, and minerals. So go ahead! Grab another helping of this pudding.